Strengthening ITT Partnerships
This course is designed to strengthen the understanding of Teaching for Mastery within the services offered by ITT Providers.
Who are the intended participants?
Lead participants in this Work Group will be from the ITT community; they should be directly involved in ITT with a responsibility for maths. It is expected that these participants will represent the various ITT providers across our Hub's region so may include HEI, SCITT and School Direct, and represent different phases of ITT including EYTS, QTS (including primary and secondary), and post-16.
What are the intended outcomes of this Work Group?
Organisational policies and approaches:
- Curriculum design (including CCF) includes reference to the principles of Teaching for Mastery
- Providers will review their practice and programme, aiming to ensure trainees have some understanding of designing lessons informed by mastery principles
- Mentors will ensure mathematical feedback to trainees ins in line with Teaching for Mastery principles
- A deepened understanding of the work of the Solent Maths Hub and the national Maths Hub Network
- A deepening understanding of the principles of Teaching for Mastery and how they directly relate to classroom practice
For more information please email email@example.com.